Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: CAD80,000 - CAD120,000 per year
Consultant: Megan Gallagher
Job reference: Y6RZ67-CDC4486B
Date posted: November 10, 2023toronto risk-and-compliance/compliance 2023-11-21 2024-01-09 banking Toronto Ontario CA CAD 80000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robert-walters.ca https://www.robert-walters.ca/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Our client is a globally leading multinational bank located in downtown Toronto. We have partnered with them in their search for a dynamic and driven Regulatory Compliance Associate. If you're passionate about compliance and have a keen eye for detail, this is the perfect opportunity for you. You will work closely with the Director of Regulatory Governance to execute compliance risk management programs and related projects.
- Assisting the Director with managing regulatory requirements inventory and related SharePoint database, coordinating and overseeing the execution of annual and quarterly compliance risk assessments, and preparing periodic program related management reports.
- Supporting the management of compliance with related policies and procedures, including acting as liaison with central policy management team and coordinating policy management activities with the corporate team.
- Helping to manage, develop, and deliver general and targeted compliance training programs, including developing the Annual Compliance Training Plan in conjunction with the Director and supporting the execution of the Training Plan.
- Being responsible for a variety of ongoing compliance administrative procedures, including completing required regulatory filings and registrations, managing compliance committee activities, and preparing weekly and monthly internal reports.
- Implementing FCAC regulations/guidelines, monitoring and facilitating dispute resolution, including reviewing and updating relevant policy and procedure documentation to reflect the FCAC Supervision Framework/Bank Act requirements and legal guidance, and reporting to FCAC including reporting of complaints and reportable compliance issues.
- Being responsible for key elements of data governance, including coordinating capture of data control information and related attestations and managing data governance related requests, managing compliance metadata and data related documentation, and supporting continuous improvement activities related to compliance data governance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in regulation, economics, business, or similar major. A professional designation would be an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a compliance/legal department from a federally regulated financial institution.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with excellent writing skills.
- Strong reasoning ability, with the ability to understand complex situations, people and systems needs against backdrop of an ever-changing regulatory environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and foreign banks in general are desirable, with reasonable knowledge of Bank Act, Privacy Act and OSFI guidelines.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask, continuously prioritize tasks, and work independently on projects and tasks.
If you're ready to take your compliance career to the next level, please apply or reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.