Getting remote onboarding right: a guide by Robert Walters
A Robert Walters eguide in collaboration with Range
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve day-by-day. Each day brings a new and unique challenge, as we work collectively to strike a balance between caring for our families and for our businesses. With remote work being implemented in an effort to slow down the spread of the virus, hiring managers are recalibrating their approach to onboarding, working to put the right technologies and practices in place.
Now, more than ever, businesses have an opportunity to show off their resilience, and demonstrate a strong sense of organization and culture. Does your business have a plan in place to remotely onboard new employees?
Why is onboarding important?
- Companies with strong onboarding processes improve new hire retention by 82%. (Glassdoor)
- Employees who have a negative onboarding experience are less likely to recommend your company to others.
- 69% of employees are more likely to stay with a company for three years if they have a great onboarding experience.
We've partnered with Range, a leader in team success software, to produce a comprehensive guide titled: Getting Remote Onboarding Right.
- How to handle paperwork, hardware, and company swag
- Help your new hire become immersed into company culture
- How to overcommunicate using the appropriate channels
- Learn the importance of feedback
- Take note in potential problems that may arise
- How to strengthen your business