The future of the finance function
Download the guide
Prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, many finance functions across a range of organizations and sectors were already undergoing transformation or evaluating their operating models.
This was largely in response to a broad and well-documented set of challenges and drivers, which included managing costs, delivering value, attracting and retaining talent, making efficient use of technology and automation, and complying with new regulations.
This report identifies five key drivers of change that will have a prominent impact on the way finance functions operate within a business over the next 3-5 years:
- The impact of Covid-19: exercising contingency plans
- Society & the workplace: remote working, diversity & inclusion and employer value proposition
- Business partners: the changing face of finance and skills in demand
- Intelligent systems: mobile apps, data, AI and automation
- Economy & regulation: the continuation of globalization
This report is based on a Robert Walters survey among 5,500 professionals and 2,200 global companies across 31 countries worldwide, featuring one-to-one interviews with CFOs and Heads of Finance to find out what factors will continue to drive change in the next few years.